CME Information Page
Reviewing Technical Performance Assessment of other surgeons
20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completing all 3 stages.
This online performance-based educational program is designed for surgeons of all specialties who conduct minimally invasive surgery (robotic or laparoscopic surgeries).
The goal of reviewing surgical videos on this platform includes the following:
- Participants will learn from the technical performance demonstrated in the video and compare that to their own performance.
- Provide feedback on the technical performance to the physician performing the surgery.
After reviewing and assessing the technical skills in the surgical performance videos, participants should be able to:
- Provide feedback to peers about how to improve performance.
- Describe the performance domains for the surgical method observed.
- Identify the strongest and weakest performance domains in the video assessed.
- Analyze their surgical performance against the videos they assessed.
- Recognize the differences among technical skills between their performance video and that of an expert surgeon.
Faculty and Disclosures
CMESolutions requires everyone in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any relevant financial conflict of interest they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified conflicts of interest are thoroughly vetted by CMESolutions for fair balance, scientific objectivity of studies mentioned in the materials or used as the basis for content, and appropriateness of patient care recommendations.
Thomas Lendvay, MD
Co-Director of the Seattle Robotic Surgery Program
Associate Professor of Urology
University of Washington
Dr. Lendvay has no relevant financial disclosures regarding this activity.
No member of CMESolutions or C-SATS, Inc. has any relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of CMESolutions and C-SATS, Inc. The CMESolutions is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The CMESolutions designates this CME activity for a maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Current fees are available by contacting C-SATS.
Learners must register on this website to participate in the educational activity. Follow online directions to submit videos, view your performance report and view best-practice video. Upon completion, learners will be directed to complete evaluation and download or print credit statement.
C-SATS Technical Performance Assessment does not contain discussion of unlabeled and/or investigational uses of agents not approved by the FDA. Please consult the prescribing information for each product.
There is no commercial support for C-SATS Technical Performance Assessment.
- Windows 7 or newer
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or newer
- Mozilla Firefox: latest production release
- Google Chrome: latest production release
- Apple Safari: latest production release
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality Statement
CMEsolutions, the accredited provider, is required by the American Medical Association (AMA) and the ACCME (and occasionally by other accrediting organizations) to collect user information that will allow CMEsolutions to issue a CME/CE certificate.