C-SATS is one of the most innovative and fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the Northwest. A venture-backed spin-out from the University of Washington, C-SATS is used in hospital operating rooms and the front-line of patient care to ensure practitioners do their jobs well and to the highest level of quality. The company is seeing tremendous traction in the market and is looking to double revenue and headcount in 2017.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated and results-oriented Community Manager to help us realize our vision of excellence everywhere – everyone, every day, every way. The Community Manager will have primary responsibility for developing and executing community strategy and moderation, content creation, member recruitment, member management and member engagement.
Our customers are some of the largest hospitals in the U.S. Every day their doctors upload video of their work product, most often surgical procedures, into our system. We use a unique combination of technology and distributed panels of reviewers to appraise the procedures and return the results in compelling, informative and engaging data visualizations.
- You will work closely with our sales, customer success, product and marketing teams to engage, support, manage and grow our community of physician and expert reviewers.
- You will provide the vision, direction, and support to realize an enriching, engaging and comprehensive offering of events, services, tools and communications that builds community among reviewers.
- You will bring creativity and new ideas for cultivating positive reviewer engagement, including educating members about opportunities for further involvement in C-SATS and conducting orientations for new community members.
- You will engage with community members on a daily basis, track Q&A and ensure timely responses.
- You will keep track of community health metrics by way of managing member accounts and their interactions on C-SATS.
- The Community Manager also helps to develop a strategy for increasing engagement of all reviewers. This will include sourcing from trade shows, utilizing marketing tools and working with outside vendors to make sure you are filling the community with the right group of people. This also includes assisting reviewers in networking and building relationships with each other by promoting individual participation in key specialties or geographic areas.
- You will monitor research trends, as well as community-building platforms and technologies.
Ultimately you will ensure that community members are deriving the full value from C-SATS while engaging members and monitoring community health.
Why This Matters
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10x the amount of information about an individuals’ skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed over two million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their
What You're All About
- 7 years experience in online community management serving professional users
- Demonstrable, quantifiable success growing an online community and achieving superior member satisfaction
- Experience in social media, marketing, communications, PR, advertising and other recruiting tactics
- Internet and technology savvy with an understanding of chat/messaging, blogs, social networking sites and successful communities along with a passion for the space
- Deep, current knowledge of best practices in community outreach, relations and development
- Experience leading and managing teams, vendors and distributed resources
- Executive maturity – the ability to successfully engage and influence accomplished professionals
- Exceptional communication skills - the ability to make complex concepts understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and possess strong presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading and grammar
- Proven ability to scope & accurately estimate resources/time needed to complete projects
- Capable of working independently and within teams
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Values you appreciate
- Prior interaction with surgeons or other medical professionals
And most importantly, you are driven by working on complex problems you can own. You are mission-driven with a passion for healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Competitive compensation including salary + equity
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.