Machine Learning Annotator (Part-Time)
C-SATS is one of the most innovative and fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the Northwest. A venture-backed spin-out from the University of Washington, C-SATS is used in hospital operating rooms and the front-line of patient care to ensure practitioners do their jobs well and to the highest level of quality. The company is seeing tremendous traction in the market and is looking to double revenue and headcount in 2018.
We are seeking smart, detail-oriented, mission-driven people to join us in making healthcare safer by training our artificial intelligence to recognize errors and other attributes that impact patient care. You will be asked to read comments from surgeons or watch surgical videos, and tag them with appropriate descriptions. This information will feed into our Machine Learning (ML) models and help to create a scalable platform that can predict the quality of surgery.
Position is onsite at our office in Seattle, WA and hours are flexible.
Why This Matters
You will be responsible for a critical part of our system, and your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. With an initial focus on surgical skills, C-SATS utilizes a unique combination of distributed experts, anonymous reviewers and inter-operative video review to assess practitioners' performance with accuracy equivalent to gold standards…but at 90% savings in time to results. Medical centers across the U.S. and Canada have completed 1 million assessments with C-SATS for a variety of uses, including credentialing, residency and training, and continuous quality improvement.
what you're all about
- You are flexible and able to adapt in an ambiguous environment
- You are mission-driven and have a passion for healthcare quality and patient safety
- You are focused on delivering results in order to drive customer success
- You are well-organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- You are a highly-motivated self-starter who has a proven track record of learning new things
- You have healthcare experience and/or medical knowledge (preferred but not required, as training will be provided)
- You have basic computer skills
Contact email@example.com to learn more.