User Experience Designer
C-SATS is a venture-backed provider of technology solutions for continuous appraisal and improvement of healthcare practitioners. We’re seeking an experienced, self-motivated and results-oriented User Experience Designer to help us deliver on our mission to empower the nation’s 16 million healthcare workers with continuous appraisal of their skills.
Our customers are some of the largest hospitals in the U.S. and Canada. Every day their doctors upload video of their work product, most often surgical procedures, into our system. We use a unique combination of technology and distributed panels of reviewers to appraise the procedures and return the results in compelling, informative and engaging data visualizations. You will be responsible for designing, testing and optimizing user experience flows throughout the entire system from a user’s first interaction to consumption of their results and back again.
As part of the C-SATS leadership team, you will work closely with our CEO and other executives to design the user experience strategy for C-SATS and drive the overall design solutions. You will aim to understand our target users deeply by leading user research activities, creating user profiles and scenarios, and observing user behaviors via online testing, focus groups, in-person testing, surveys and similar methodologies. You will create wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web and mobile. You will be a leader with the product and delivery teams to translate your ideas and designs first into tests and, after iterating and achieving promising results, into core C-SATS products and features. You will be the “Chief Design Evangelist” in every interaction within the organization, whether stakeholder, peer or prospective user.
Why This Matters
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10x the amount of information about an individuals’ skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their patients.
What You're All About
- BA/BS or higher degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, User Experience, Information Design, or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 5 years experience designing user interfaces in a professional business environment and, ideally, for enterprise applications (BONUS if you have healthcare experience)
- Measured improvement in metrics such as clicks, conversions, revenue as a result of your design changes
- Experience creating interaction prototypes using standard prototyping and development methods such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Vizio, Balsamiq, Illustrator or equivalent
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or comparable graphic design applications
- Strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Experience leading usability studies and synthesizing data into actionable recommendations
- Deep, current knowledge and application of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices
- Deep, current understanding of user interface patterns for native mobile experiences
- Demonstrated ability for strategic problem solving across a wide range of areas and device types
- Exceptional communication skills - the ability to make complex concepts understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and possess strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to scope & accurately estimate resources/time needed to complete projects
And most importantly, you are driven by working on complex problems you can own. You are mission-driven with a passion for healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Full benefits stack, including medical, dental and vision
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.