C-SATS, Inc. is a venture-backed provider of technology solutions for continuous appraisal and improvement of healthcare practitioners. The Product Experience team is seeking a seasoned UX Researcher to help deliver the next generation of products and continue to innovate in the healthcare education space.
The primary focus of the UX Researcher is to help the entire company understand our users and customers and provide insights that will drive data-informed business and product decisions. You will...
- Work closely with product experience and development team members to promote best practices in user research
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that user needs are properly understood and seriously considered in all departments; identify metrics that measure the success of product initiatives and efforts
- Spearhead the planning and conducting of user research at every stage of the product’s lifecycle from conceptualization, prototype validations, all the way to usability tests on the final product
- Define a scalable UX research strategy that consistently supports product initiatives, development, and tracking of user-research needs and goals.
Why This Matters
Your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10x the amount of information about an individual’s skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed 1.5 million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their patients.
what you're all about
Core Competencies, Skills and Experience Requirements
- 5+ years of professional experience as a UX researcher on Web-based and/or software products
- Identify appropriate research methods and research best practices to find the metrics and insights to support product initiatives
- Execute on the full research and test lifecycle: planning, recruiting, conducting research or tests, insights finding and sharing
- Design quantitative and qualitative research approaches for application in all product departments
- Synthesize feedback and ideas from user research into a easily consumable digest
- Collaborate in an environment that uses methodologies such as LEAN, Agile, Scrum, or Kanban
- Ability to think about the business holistically
- Sketch note taking using pen/pencil and paper (e.g., layout map and diagramming from observations)
- Excellent communications skill in English, written and spoken
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Highly proficient with using MacOS, G-Suite productivity tools, Slack, presentation app, user research tools, analytics tools such as Tableau, Google Analytics, etc. We use ProdPad to track and synthesize feedback and ideas that feed up to the product roadmap
- Professional level communication skills in English, written and spoken
- Opportunity to travel for business purposes
- At least 1+ year experience with hardware products
- Experience working in healthcare or medical technology
- Experience with service design
- Experience working in a startup
- Experience working with mobile apps products
- Kindness towards self and others
- Continuous improvement is a part of who you are
- Open to giving and receiving radical candor
- Considerate of how your work and/or behavior may impact the holistic outcome
- Strong sense of responsibility to cultivate an environment that celebrates and nurtures diversity in the workplace
- Share by default
- Have the “startup” spirit. You contribute to making C-SATS the best place you’ve ever worked
- Competitive compensation including salary, commission and equity
- Full benefits stack, including medical, dental and vision
How to apply
Please only apply if...
- You are not bothered by seeing blood and internal organs. Watching surgical videos is a requirement for this role.
- You are not averse to being current on all your vaccinations such as MMR, Chicken Pox, annual influenza, etc.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.