Vice President of Marketing
C-SATS is one of the most innovative and fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the Northwest. A venture-backed spin-out from the University of Washington, C-SATS is used in hospital operating rooms and the front-line of patient care to ensure practitioners do their jobs well and to the highest level of quality. The company is seeing tremendous traction in the market and is looking to double revenue and headcount in 2017.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and results-oriented Vice President of Marketing to help us realize our vision of excellence everywhere – everyone, every day, every way.
Our customers are some of the largest hospitals in the U.S. Every day their doctors upload video of their work product, most often surgical procedures, into our system. We use a unique combination of technology and distributed panels of reviewers to appraise the procedures and return the results in compelling, informative and engaging data visualizations.
As part of the C-SATS leadership team, you will work closely with our CEO and other executives to design, implement and lead our strategic and tactical outreach to customers and users.
- You will partner with our product design and sales teams to understand our target customers and users deeply through research activities, creating customer profiles, scenarios and segments, and by observing behaviors via online surveying, focus groups and similar methodologies.
- You will lead efforts to develop the overall marketing strategy, including product positioning and voice of the customer. You will develop product-specific positioning and messaging that differentiates C-SATS and our products in the market, and translate product features and functionality into crisp, powerful benefits.
- You will communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales and engagement teams as the customer-facing product-based subject matter expert and help develop the tools that support the selling process for the products.
- You will be the expert on C-SATS’ vertical markets, competition, buyers and how they buy. You will continue to refine our go to market strategy, considering new models to attract and retain new partners and customer segments.
- You will also execute the strategy via social media, SEO/SEM, advertising, PR, trade shows, partnerships and other tactics effective in healthcare.
- You will be responsible for developing and promoting the C-SATS brand, ideally leveraging our growing network of users to grow earned media and C-SATS evangelists.
As the Company grows, you will build and lead a team to accelerate our marketing and brand-building efforts.
Why This Matters
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10x the amount of information about an individuals’ skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed over two million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their
What You're All About
- 10 years marketing experience, including specifically marketing healthcare technology products or services
- 5 years experience building or leading teams
- Demonstrated marketing strategies and tactics that achieved material quantifiable results
- Ability to innovate GTM strategies and tactics ahead of the competition
- Deep, current knowledge and application of social media, SEO/SEM, advertising, PR, trade shows, partnerships, and other marketing tactics effective in healthcare
- Expertise in product-specific positioning and market intelligence
- Proven track-record building, rather than only maintaining, brands
- Enabler of effective coordination between product, sales and marketing
- Executive maturity – the ability to successfully engage and influence top executives at our key customers and partners
- Exceptional communication skills - the ability to make complex concepts understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and possess strong presentation skills
- Marketing budget management - proven ability to scope and accurately estimate resources/time needed to complete projects
- Ability to leverage multiple partners and vendors to effectively scale marketing activities
- BA/BS or higher degree in marketing or related degree
Values you appreciate
And most importantly, you are driven by working on complex problems you can own. You are mission-driven with a passion for healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Competitive compensation including salary + equity
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.