Vice President of Product Design
C-SATS is one of the most innovative and fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the Northwest. A venture-backed spin-out from the University of Washington, C-SATS is used in hospital operating rooms and the front-line of patient care to ensure practitioners do their jobs well and to the highest level of quality. The company is seeing tremendous traction in the market and is looking to double revenue and headcount in 2017.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and results-oriented Vice President of Product Design to help us realize our vision of excellence everywhere – everyone, every day, every way. The VP of Product Design will own the look, feel, and how the product is used, which will have a high-level impact on the success and direction of the company as a whole.
Our customers are some of the largest hospitals in the U.S. Every day their doctors upload video of their work product, most often surgical procedures, into our system. We use a unique combination of technology and distributed panels of reviewers to appraise the procedures and return the results in compelling, informative and engaging data visualizations. You will be responsible for designing, testing and optimizing user experience flows throughout the entire system from a user’s first interaction to consumption of their results and back again.
As part of the C-SATS leadership team, you will work closely with our CEO and other executives to design the user engagement strategy for C-SATS and drive the overall product design solutions.
- You will aim to understand our target users deeply by leading user research activities, creating user profiles and scenarios, and observing user behaviors via online testing, focus groups, in-person testing, surveys and similar methodologies.
- You will be a leader for the product and delivery teams to translate your ideas and designs first into tests and, after iterating and achieving promising results, into core C-SATS products and features.
- You will create wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes and detailed UI and visual design specifications for web and mobile.
- You will be the “Chief Design Evangelist” in every interaction within the organization, whether stakeholder, peer or prospective user.
Why This Matters
You will be responsible for a critical part of C-SATS, and your work will have a direct impact on patient safety. C-SATS measures technical skills in healthcare practitioners, skills that directly impact clinical outcomes; poor performers generate 3x more complications and 5x more deaths than top performers. Our system generates 10x the amount of information about an individuals’ skills in 1/10th the time of traditional peer review. Major medical centers have completed over two million assessments with C-SATS, and they depend on our system to ensure the quality of their practitioners and the safety of their
What You're All About
- BA/BS or higher degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, User Experience, Information Design, or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 10 years experience designing user interfaces in a professional business environment and, ideally, for enterprise applications (BONUS if you have healthcare experience)
- 5 years experience building or leading teams
- Experience creating interaction prototypes using standard prototyping and development methods such as Axure, Omnigraffle, Vizio, Balsamiq, Illustrator or equivalent
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or comparable graphic design applications
- Strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience creating great user-centered products and achieving quantifiable results
- Experience leading usability studies and synthesizing data into actionable recommendations
- Deep, current knowledge and application of user-centered design approaches and interaction design best practices for web and native mobile experiences
- Demonstrated ability for strategic problem solving across a wide range of areas and device types
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to make complex concepts understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and possess strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to scope and accurately estimate resources/time needed to complete projects
Values you appreciate
- Software development experience with HTML, CSS, and responsive layouts
And most importantly, you are driven by working on complex problems you can own. You are mission-driven with a passion for healthcare quality and patient safety.
- Competitive compensation including salary + equity
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.